The GardenRoomStyle moodboard – w45/2022 rocks winter floral patterened tableware from Dior, a fab lightshow, a you-would-never-know plastic outdoor rug, flower power fashion, a pumpkin vase with flower arrangement as well as a hip plant vendor.
GardenRoomStyle moodboard – w45/2022.
- It is winter, so what is more appropriate than tableware in that very spirit? Dior Maison has created a rather fine collection entitled the Winter Garden (Jardin D’Hiver) which is “a delicate tribute to refinement”. Here “elegant designs featuring clematis, peonies, dahlias and swallows are transposed by turns onto a series of pieces that strike a balance between heritage and modernity”. Indeed, that is the case.
- Just before Covid hit, I went to an exhibition featuring video art based on Gustav Klimt’s art in Màlaga, Spain. It blew my mind. It was like walking into a parallel universe filled with the most glorious colours and motifs, all moving on the walls, floors and ceiling like some kind of psychedelic trip. This work is by video artist Pippilotti Rist.
- In 2015 Conservatory Archives began as a small shop on Hackney Road, London, housing a curated assortment of intriguing plant specimens and antique furniture. Things went well, still do as I understand it. Being into plants as well as vintage stuff, I like this concept. Must make sure to visit one of their stores when next in town.
- Halloween is over. But there are still pumpkins on sale. Thought this idea of making one into a vase a rather brilliant idea. Great for autumnal tablescaping.
- Well, how is this for a co-ordinated floral look? Dolce & Gabbana have really got it together here. Why go for individual items of jacket, skirt and boots when you can have it all? Flower power rocks.
- So hard to believe, but this indoor/outdoor rug is actually 100% made from recycled plastic bottles. From Weaver Green.